Saturday, August 31, 2013

My 1st Spin Class

Workouts 
Yesterday- 7 miles. 2 mile warm up, 22 minutes 1 min hard 1 min recovery, cool down. 

Today-my first spin class and 3 mile run 

A good friend of mine and avid triathlete invited me to spin class this morning at 8 am.  Can I just tell you how much I loved it?! Like it ended and I wanted more even though I was soaked and had a puddle under my bike. It was such a great workout and the instructor was awesome. 

I bike with my road bike, but this took it to a whole new level.  I might beg for a gym membership! We used to belong to a gym before Cole was born but the place we went to didn't offer classes. Once Cole was born we decided working out at home would be the best way to save money and time.  ( We have a treadmill, elliptical, some free weights, workout DVDs). This has been working out really well. But today I realized how much I miss working out with other people.  I feel like I push myself more around others and I love the bond.  The daycare is super clean and nice at this place too but it's an extra $25 a month.  Decisions decisions.  And anyone that knows me will tell you I have a problem with making decisions.  

For example, last weekend I had to pick a nail color at the salon and I am still wishing I would have picked a different color.  
I need help. 

Anyway after the spin class Chris was going to his fantasy football draft and I had planned on going to the waterpark. The weather decided it wasn't going to cooperate and it started to storm.  So I went with plan B and Chris' favorite plan - shopping ;-).  
I went into the store with Cole and left with a frog. He loves frogs. 
These shoes came home with us.  He refused to take them off. In fact, he is sleeping with them on right now.  I didn't think I would have this issue with a boy, but he seriously has a shoe fetish. 
Then he decided he wanted to relax. 

After his nap I met my mom at the waterpark for a few hours. I wasn't going to go, but thought I should take Cole for one last time this year!
We came home and headed out to the high school football game. 


I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Question
Have you taken a spin class? Did you like it?
What's your favorite fitness class?








No comments:

Post a Comment