Shoes- the most important thing and really the only thing you need
1. I highly recommend you go to a running store and get properly fitted. This will help prevent injuries.
I currently have shoes that I train in the majority of the time and shoes I use for speed work/hard workouts/ running
1. I am currently loving the extra cushion of my ASIC Gel Nimbus. I also train in Mizuno Wave Riders.
1. Brooks PureFlows2. Love love these shoes. For someone reason my shins only enjoy them for shorter runs. Would love for these to be my daily trainers but I need more cushion- at least for now.
I love dri-fit clothing.
My favorite running brands are Nike and I love Target's workout clothes too. I love lulu too, but it's kind of out of my budget.
1. Garmin- I have used the 405, 610 and now I use the 210. I really love the 210.
2. Bic- bands- these headbands don't budge.
3. Spi-belt-ideal for longer runners or she. You need your phone, fuel, money, etc
4. Body-Glide- chafing. Ouch. This will save you