Monday, January 18, 2016

My fastest mile repeats

Well it's been a crazy week.  Our little guy is battling croup, and the other 2 guys had a touch of flu this past week.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that this week will be a healthier one!  We spend MLK day at doctor's office and getting chest X-rays. 
 This guy was a trooper with all the doctor's visits he had today!
  Cole was a great helper, but he loved just being home today!  When we were home he was dressed as every character possible.  He has the best imagination. 
 


We started our Saturday day off with some runs and lots of errands.  On Sunday, it was freezing so we kept our workouts indoors.  I have been doing some of my workouts at the local high school where my husband coaches.  It's a big playground for the boys, and I get in a great workout.  Win-win!  
 
 
After our workouts on Sunday we celebrated my nephew's 6th birthday at Medieval Times. 
 

Cole was beyond excited.  The experience was a great one!  We all had so much fun. 



My workouts from this past week...

Tuesday: 5 miles at 8:00 pace on the TM and 20  minutes of tabata

Wednesday: 6 miles @ 7:35 and 15 minutes of strength (squats, lunges, push-ups, bridges, and planks)


Thursday: MILE REPEATS!  5 miles- 1 mile warm up at 7:40, mile 1- 6:12, mile 2- 6:12, mile 3- 6:08, and 1 mile cool down at 7:40 (my goal was to hit 6:15 for each repeat)


Friday: OFF- work bowling party

Saturday: 70 minute run, 9.62 miles, and 20 minute of strength

Sunday: 5 miles @ 7:50 on the TM

Monday(today): 6 miles @ 7:50 on the TM and 30 minutes of strength ( 4 rounds of: 10 single leg step-ups/ on each leg, wall sit with bicep curl for 1 minute, 20 KB swings, and 12 burpees) I followed it up with some core work and bridges


It's a 4 day work week!!! I hope that you have a great week.  I am hoping for some warm weather so I can get out and run.  I have some half marathon goals that I will be sharing later. 

What are your running goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment