6 miles - super slow. It is so hot and humid here. Not enjoyable.
Yesterday I took off from running to recover from the half. I didn't feel sore at all, which makes me think I need to push myself more. I took a 1.5 mile walk with Cole and 30 minutes on the elliptical to loosen up.
1. I am ready for work to slow down. Aligning and creating lessons to fit the common core is challenging and time consuming.
2. I am so ready for a 3 day weekend!! We plan to go to the waterpark for the last time, a cougars game or two, and relax!
3. Chris' 1st and only home meet was canceled due to the heat on Monday. I was bummed.
4. I stopped at Chris' lifting practice today and his runners are just amazing. I wanted to start lifting with them! I know I need to make it a priority. Help me please with this!!!
5. I have the most painful and disgusting blister on my foot. I am sure wanted to hear this. How do I fix it?!
6. Cole is a great stretching buddy.
I hope you had a wonderful Tuesday!
7. I am kinda in a running rut. My pace has been slow, I feel my form is off, and long runs have been hard. I love long runs. I told my husband this weekend that after Chicago I might just stick to half marathons for a while. They are less time consuming and taxing. I'd love to get a 1:35.
8. My last 3 half marathons have all been 1:37s. Ironic. I'm in a rut!