Monday, August 5, 2013

Staying positive

Workout 
15 miles. It wasn't pretty. I did a pretty good job of keeping positive splits for the whole run. I knew I just needed to get the miles in so I focused on just putting one foot in front of the other. 

I'm still not feeling the best and just couldn't get out of bed this morning. Cole woke up at 6:00, but I was so exhausted that I brought him back to bed and he slept with me until 7:30. I knew I needed to run but couldn't get going. Chris went into work for a few hours and once he came home I headed out. 

The run was just terrible. I felt terrible. My running this past week has been far less than spectacular. I noticed so many negative thoughts slipping into my mind, and quickly stopped the thoughts and tried to think of only positive things. 

Only the positive thoughts from my run:
- I GET to run. So many people aren't able to do something I love so much. Enjoy it. 
- The weather conditions are perfect. 65 degrees and cloudy. 
- It's starting to rain. I LOVE running in the rain!
- I am lucky to have a husband that truly understands how much running means to me
- I got the miles in. Happy that I pushed through. 

Before my run
I ate another waffle with peanut butter, and 1/2 a banana. Sorry no picture, I was super out of it this morning! I made sure to keep water with me while I played outside with Cole. 

We sat by the river for while and watched the fish skim for food. It was such a nice morning. Sometimes I forget to sit back and enjoy the beauty of the river. 
Addy loved the cool weather. She is in need of another haircut. 

Then Cole wanted to go look for frogs
We found 6 frogs
And Cole scared them away 

After my run ( I do realize this post is all over the place and in no order what-so-ever. I am just all of the place too.)

I came home feeling like death. Showered, made a smoothie, put Cole down for a nap, and napped myself. 

I woke up with a huge craving for a burger. 
The cure for the intense craving: Culver's butter burgers. 

Plan for the rest of the day 
- Goodwill for classroom supplies
- a trip to the park 
-Bachelorette tonight

I find I am less motivated/ productive on rainy days and I kinda love it!

I hope that you have/had a fantastic Monday!

Questions
Do you enjoy rainy days?
Do you find your motivation and productivity changes depending on the weather?





No comments:

Post a Comment