Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wacky weather

Hope everyone had a great Wednesday. Ours was pretty busy, but very productive.

Workout
9 miles on the treadmill
10 minute abs 


So I woke up a little before 7am thinking it would be decent weather to run in.  I guess things changed over night. Our cool 70 degree weather with no humidity jumped to 100% humidity and warm.   My husband set out on his run thinking he would get 8 miles in and came back after 5 miles completely drenched. He told me to hold off on running. 

I had my bowl of oats and headed back to work on my classroom.
Not sure how much I got accomplished with this little "helper" 
It's starting to come along. 

Cole has had a really bad cough so it was off to a doctor appointment after working in my classroom. 

When we got home he went down for a nap and I ditched the outdoors for the treadmill.  I use the treadmill a lot in the winter but rarely in the summer. I can't remember the last time I ran on it. I LOVE running outside, but the treadmill is hard for me.  I find my pace to be much faster outside. I set my treadmill to 1% incline and 7.0mph (8:32 pace) and just relaxed. 

I haven't had the energy to do a hard workout yet. I am hoping for Friday. I have taken more rest days than I normally do, and I feel like I am going backwards instead of forwards. I guess all runners have good running streaks and bad ones. Just like anything in life. I just need to stay positive and work through this one.

Back to the run...We have a small house and have our treadmill in the spare room (which needs organization badly- it's becoming our catch all room and makes me nutty). Well, it gets really hot in there and I am such a sweaty mess at the end of my runs.  My hair was drenched, as was my towel, and the floor. 
One positive: my shins felt great! 

Cole woke up right after my run and we needed to get out and run errands so instead of a shower (TMI) I toweled off, blow dried my sweaty head, threw on clothes and went off to run errands.

His new thing. I say smile, he sticks out his tongue.

It felt good to get some miles in! I am supposed to do my harder workout tomorrow but Chris is suggesting I move it to Friday.  

We spent the night playing football, going for a walk, and eating ice cream cones!

Questions

Do you prefer running outside or on the treadmill?
Do you find it easier to run inside or outside? 








2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that your shins feel better! I get really dizzy on the treadmill and can only do 4 miles, max. Definitely prefer outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, Natasha! I totally agree about the TM, I find if I try to keep the same pace as outside I feel like I will pass out.

    ReplyDelete