Sunday, August 25, 2013

Birthday Weekend

I have to say I feel very blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. They made my birthday weekend extra special! 

Saturday- my actual birthday 
 I started the day with a 5 mile run at a super easy pace.  Since it was such a beautiful day we spent most of the morning outside, and around noon I headed out to meet up with my sister for some shopping and lunch as the boys napped. 

Whole foods for dessert. We shared this piece of heaven. 

Then it was off to Nordstrom Rack for some shopping.  
I got these jeans that are so comfy!! 
And these for only $16!!!! Super clearance!!
This top was so cute on my sister, but the straps were funny. She passed. 

After lunch and shopping I came home and my mother-in-law and sister-in-law came down. Of course they were too generous as always. 

Then it was time to take the little man to my parents for a sleep over. This is only his second sleep over so I get nervous! 
Look at that smile:) 
So thankful for parents that support our love for running and help out!
Chris and I went out for dinner and ice cream. Yes I have food in my mouth and Chris is just giving his odd smile. 

We had no child but still went to bed at 9:30! We are pathetic, at least I could use the early wake up call as an excuse. 

Sunday
We woke up at 5 and met up with 2 of Chris' coaches for the half. 
Pre race and super sleepy still. 

The race started at 7 and off we went. I felt pretty good the whole race, but the hills at miles 8-10 were tough.  My pace stayed between 7:30-7:20 for the first 10 miles.  At about mile 9 I could hear Chris' cross country runners at aide station 10.5, so it gave me an extra boost. 
Super fun water station! Thanks YHS cross country! 

After the boost from the group I dropped my pace to about 7:00/miles for the last 3.  

I felt great, but wish I could have pushed it a bit more.  I cannot break 1:37, but I will. 
Every half marathon I do I run about 13.3 rather than 13.1. Next time I will stop my watch at 13.1 or learn how to run tangents better.  Wish I would have ran 15 seconds faster! ( official time 1:37.12)

Chris ran a 1:25, he's so fast! Ironically he was the 17th male/500 plus males and I was the 17th female/500 plus females
I love this race, and will recap the race soon. 

The rest of the day in pictures 
Ran 5 more miles with my sister. We went super slow.  I got a total of 18 in for the day. 
We got our nails done and went grocery shopping.  I kind of didn't know what to do with myself since Chris was on a canoe trip with his team and my parents still had Cole. 
So we just twiddled our thumbs.
Actually we got ready for dinner. I just love her! 
Then they finally arrived! 
We tried out the new Mongolian restaurant. It was delicious. 
And had the best birthday cake ever!! Thanks mom!!

I have a feeling 28 will be a great year! 

Question
How was your weekend? What's the best thing you ate? 


























No comments:

Post a Comment