5 miles/42 min
I missed my Tangent Tuesday, and I have a lot of random thoughts to share.
1. I am loving working out in the morning and enjoying my evenings. I really think they only way I get out of bed is because I sleep in my workout clothes.
2. I have a half marathon Aug.25 that I am pretty nervous about. My left hip ( I think it's my IT band and shin are achy tonight). I am going to rest tomorrow. My long run on Sunday is supposed to be 17 miles. I am going to listen to my body and do what is best for next weekend.
3. I have been terrible this week with abs and core work.
4. Tomorrow I am taking Cole Blackberry farm with a friend and Sunday we are going to the water park. I'm excited!!
5. This morning I ran, unloaded the dishwasher and folded a load of laundry all before work. I love feeling productive. I used to leave for work at 6:30 but this year I am telling myself it is okay to leave at 7:00. ( We are required to be there at 7:40. My school is only 2 miles from our house, and Cole's new sitter is down the street from my school. Kinda perfect.)
6. I've been having a protein smoothie every morning ( it's easy) and have remembered to include my beloved chia seeds! For some reason I was constantly forgetting to throw them in. I also throw in a handful of spinach.
7. I haven't done a workout in way too long. I really need to get back into 1-2good workouts a week. I feel like I need my legs to freshen up first. They have been achy. I'm trying to keep injuries at bay.
8. Chris brought home a few Running Times magazines for me to read. I kinda loved what Aaron Braun had to say.
9. A student of mine goes to Cole's daycare. I love that he comes to school in the morning with updates.
10. I love talking running. I have an aide in my room this year for a student and she is a runner. We also hired 2 new 3rd grade teachers and one of them is training for her first marathon. I love the lunch talks all about running.
I hope you have a great weekend!!
What are your weekend plans?
What are you running this weekend?