Friday, August 9, 2013

Fire hydrant Fartlek Friday

Happy Friday! It's the last Friday of summer for me. It is such a bittersweet feeling. I love being home with Cole and it will be hard to leave him again. But I also love teaching. Every school year I meet some fantastic students and families and build wonderful relationships and friendships. 

Workout
6.5 miles

As I started my run I wasn't really sure what I was going to run. Chris told me to just go for an easy 6-7 miles.  

I started with my first 2 miles at 8:30 pace. Then I got the itch to move out of my comfort zone. So I started small, and decided to run hard to the next fire hydrant.  Every other fire hydrant I would pick up my pace. 

I did about 4 small fartleks and saw Chris' XC girls zooming by. They were probably running a 6:30 pace. They made me want to run harder.  I started running 2 fire hydrants hard and recovering for 1.I finished off with running 3 fire hydrants hard two times.  The 3 miles flew by.

I then cooled down for 1.5 miles.

I still didn't feel really strong, but it was a better run than my runs I have been having. 


Breakfast

I was starving when I came home so I made a huge egg sandwich.
Delicious!

I had another busy day in my classroom. 

Then it was home to spend time with my little man. 



I hope you had a wonderful day!

Question
What are your weekend plans?
What are you running this weekend?








No comments:

Post a Comment