Topped with fresh blueberries, 1/2 a banana and some honey. Delicious.
1. I have seen some other bloggers do tangent days and I always enjoy them so I thought I'd try it out today since I feel like I have a lot of random things to take about.
2. I think today might be a cross training day. My go to cross training workouts are biking, elliptical (because we have one), Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred, or a circuit workout I find on Pinterest or a blog. I typically equate 10 minutes of cross to 1 mile. Since I have 7 miles to run today ( takes me about an hour), if I cross train I plan on doing 70 minutes. I try to run 5 days a week, cross train 1 day, and rest 1 day. Some weeks I replace the cross training with an easy run which isn't the best. I need to work on letting my body recover and getting more cross-training in. I also try to do 100 squats and lunges after each run to help strengthen my hips. Three- four days a week I work on abs because a weak core causing everything else to fall apart.
3. I totally forgot our 5 year anniversary is Friday. We decided not to get any gifts because of some home renovations we are saving up for. I feel that for 5 years I should still get him or make him something. Any ideas?? Time crunch time. I'd really wish I was creative with ideas.
4. We are heading up to the Dells Wednesday night- Sunday with a some friends of ours. I can't wait! Paul Bunyans, Devil's Lake, mini golf, Safari, swimming and s'mores!
5. The pond next to our house has a family of muskrats. A few days ago 4 babies were born. As much as I dislike rats, I find them kinda cute.
6. I always spend too much $$ on my classroom. This year our school theme is "rock n roll" and I've already spent more than anticipated.
7. I have been trying to drink a cup of warm lemon water every morning. When I do it consistently I feel so much better. The chiropractor told me it's one small way to rid my body of toxins
8. I have and extreme weakness for ice cream, soft serve, or frozen yogurt. I think the past 3 days I've had some.
9. Chris made peanut butter blondes Sunday night. I really wish he wouldn't have. They are just to addicting. I think it's obvious my eating hasn't been the best.
10. I have not blow dried my hair for over a month and a half. This is big for me. I normally feel the need to blow dry my hair everyday. I kinda don't miss it at all. It's a win-win - extra time and healthier hair.
11. Love the sunglasses above. I love my aviators but needed/wanted sunglasses for running. I don't really love the look of "real running sunglasses" so I gave these Oakley Overtime sunglasses. They are great for running and just everyday wear.
I hope that you have a wonderful Tuesday. I will report back with my workout.
1. What is your favorite "treat"?
2. What's your favorite way to cross train?