Monday, July 29, 2013

Lovely Weather

It isn't often that we get 70 degree weather in July. I love having the windows open and being able to sit outside.  I would be a happy living in a climate where the temps ranged from 50-75F year round. That won't be happening anytime soon so I will enjoy while its here.
Workout: 
I spent a good 30-40 minutes this morning stretching and icing while playing with Cole and reading books. I felt much better afterwards and decided to head out for 5 easy miles. I was planning on running an 8:15 pace but stayed on the slower side and kept an 8:25 pace. I felt great running but the second I came home my shin felt like it was going to snap. I iced and stretched while playing in the sandbox with Cole. 

I find that compression makes my hip and shins feel so much better so I threw on my compression socks and shorts.

We spent most of the morning playing outside.  Cole kept busy collecting falling walnuts and throwing them in the river. I did squats, lunges, and hip strengthens in the backyard while he played. I plan on doing 15 minutes of abs tonight during the Bachelorette. 


                                                                         Dinner 
Tonight Chris grilled chicken breast and sautéed spinach while I cut up sweet potato fries. It was a great dinner!
     
After dinner we wanted to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather.  We decided to head out for a hike at a local forest preserve. On our drive we passed a our favorite soft-serve stop and decided it was a must. 


We did our usual 2.5 mile loop at Silver Springs. I love family walks.  I find that they really give us a chance to talk and stay connected. 





As for now. I am icing and watching the Bachelorette.  During our walk my shin really started to bother me. I have 7 miles on the schedule tomorrow. We will see how I feel in the morning. 


Questions:
What is your favorite way to unwind after a busy day? I love summer walks but during the school year I normally run after Cole goes to bed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment