Sunday, July 28, 2013

14 Miles. Done.

Happy Sunday!  Chris took his team to the next town to run 12 miles at 6 am.  So this morning it was just me and Cole. 


He would be back by 9 and then I would be out for my 14 miler.  I fueled up with a big bowl of oatmeal and coffee. 



Well I got it in.  14 miles.  I wish I could say they were glorious, but that wasn't the case today.  Well I take that back, the first half felt great, but the second half was hard and I had to stay in it mentally.  I love to finish my runs feeling strong and great. I think the "not so good runs" really help me become stronger mentally and make appreciate the great runs. 

Cole helped me get ready and was extra cuddly today.  It will be so hard to go back to work in a few weeks.
 Chris, since he is helping me now by "coaching" me, set me out on a 14 mile run @ an 8:30 pace.  The route he told me to run was so hilly.  I swear this hill looks bigger in real life. 

 I think I climbed over 10 climbs.  My hip wasn't happy.  I had to pass my street at mile 12.  I almost quit and went home.  But I dropped my pace and finsihed.  Glad it's done.

First mile, feel great. So happy to be out running.



How my run went down:

Mile 1: 9:23  Why oh Why does our lane have a .5 mile hill.  Every run starts so slow.

Mile 2: 8:21 I feel good.  Glad to be running.  So thankful I get to do what I love

Mile 3: 8:06  I've got this.  My day off yesterday has my legs feeling great.  Minimal shin pain.

Mile 4: 8:17 Two hills.  I can do this.

Mile 5: 8:05  Glad those hills are over, I know their are more to come.

Mile 6: 8:13  Another long gradual hill. 

Mile 7: 8:22 Limestone path feels good, the winds are starting to pick up.  Let's stop and take a picture.

Mile 8: 8:06 Why can't the wind always be at my back.  I see another hill.

Mile 9: 8:30.  That was hard.

Mile 10: 8:20 Why is my pace all over the place today?

Mile 11: 8:38.  I hate this hill over the bridge. 

Mile 12:  MY HIP! ouch.  Do I stop? My house is right there?

Mile 13:  9:04 slow it down and suck it up!

Mile 14:  8:43 FINISH strong.  Walk home.   It's Done!

So I typically am really good at keeping good negitive splits.  Today was not the case.   I was all over the place. 

I plan on stretching, foam rolling, stretching, stretching, and keeping this hip and shin feeling good! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! 


What are you running today?

It's the perfect running weather, get out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment