Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016- New Year, New Goals

Well, I have decided to giving blogging another go.  I stopped blogging when I was expecting my second son because I was on auto-pilot and just trying to survive another hard pregnancy.  My life was very boring and running was pretty much non-existent. 


Well, that little guy is 15 months old now, and I have been running consistently for about a year again.  I am feeling stronger and better than I have in a long time.  One big reason for all my running success is because after 10 years together I have finally decided to take my husband's running advice.  He has helped me PR in the 10K (42:59) and 5K (20:09) with a few minor changes to my regular training plan. 

So my goal is to continue to blog about my runs and other workouts to keep myself accountable.  I have a huge passion for running, health and goal setting.  I may not know much but my hubby is a super stud cross country coach and track coach at Yorkville High School.  In his 11 years of coaching he has brought home 7 state championship trophies; a total of 11 state trophies including his 2nd and 3rd place finishes.  He has earned the NCAA Illinois State Coach of the Year for 2A girls XC more times than I count (6 years? 7?). 

Today's run was an easy one because I started the year off with a terrible flu bug.
 * I ran 6.2 miles @ 7:43 pace
 followed by: stretching and...
* 3 x 1 min wall sit with bicep curl
* 3 x reverse lunge with front raise (12 on each leg = 1 set)
* 3 x 1 min side plank with shoulder raise (1 minute on each side = 1 set)
*  I finished off with 1 min of each: squats, walking lunges, push ups, bridges, and plank.  I don't have any races on the schedule until the spring, but I am hoping to keep my body healthy and strong this winter.  Strength often times gets pushed aside, but I am focusing on making it more consistent!

I hope that everyone's 2016 is off to a great start! 

My 2016 goals:
1. strength train 3 times a week
2. eat more veggies!!
3. keep running 5-6 days a week/ 1 day cross training
4. blog regularly!


No comments:

Post a Comment