Sunday, September 15, 2013

Staying Afloat

Workouts
I haven't had time to write in what a seems like forever. I am going to back track and go through my workouts from my last post. 

Last week
Last Friday- off
Saturday- easy 5 miles
Sunday- attempt at 20. I slept through my alarm and missed my morning workout time. Didn't get out til 11 (nap time) and it was 80 degrees.  My shin was really hurting so I decided to stop.  

This week 
Monday- Wednesday- elliptical 45-60 min each day.  Trying to give my shin a rest
Thursday- 50 minute run at an easy pace 
Friday-7 miles ( beautiful weather!!) I felt awesome! First mile 8:30 and miles 2-7 were sub 8.  Felt great
Saturday-6 miles. Vertigo was back and shin hurt bad
Sunday- 12 miles.  First 8 were terrible. Last 4 felt great.  Last mile was 7:50. 

I am really at a point where I don't know what to do with the upcoming marathon. I've had 2 - 20 mile runs I haven't completed.  This weekend is another 20. I pray I rest this week and feel good.  

Past week plus some 
Well life's been busy.  We've had cross meets, open houses, dentist appointments, and lots of school work.  I'm struggling to keep up. I'd be lying If I said getting back into the business of life has been easy.  We have many changes at works, and I've been feeling quite overwhelmed.  

In the meantime we have been having some fun too. 

Cross meets!! Pictures by Cole's old sitter and wonderful photographer at Songs of Life Photography. 

Walks

Fairs

Football games 

Apple orchards, petting zoos, raspberry picking 

Shopping 

Life is good.  When things get hard, crazy, overwhelming they never stay that way.  It's hard to make it through the rough patch. I always have to repeat to myself " God only gives me as much as I can handle."  It helps me knowing he is confident that I can handle the situation.  I am beyond thankful for the most supportive husband that always seems to have the right things to say when I start to get a little or a-lot-le crazy.  Not sure where he gets his wisdom but its pretty great.  Also so thankful for awesome family that is always around to help. We are so blessed. 

I have also been frustrated with my running. I know I need to take time off- more time than I have, but it is hard.  It distresses me.  It gets me through the "hard". I probably need to go back to the doc, but hard to fit it in.  

I find when things get tough I need to do the following to help me:
- stay active 
- get enough sleep
- think of all the positives in my life
- know that this is part of God's plan
- believe things will be better 
- take deep breaths 


I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend! 

Question
What's your favorite way to distress?











No comments:

Post a Comment